We are looking for a motivated Traffic Team Member to join our Iron Ore team at our headquarters in Baar. This position offers you the opportunity to develop into a frontline operations role within the commodity business, looking after the coordination and smooth running with the global Glencore team and external parties involved.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all operational tasks of a contract / shipment, including supplier contract negotiation, sales contract negotiation through to final payments and closing the contracts.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Logistics: Vessel chartering in co-operation with our chartering team, organizing transport or releasing of material in warehouse
- Bank contacts – Letters of Credit (L/Cs): Opening of and checking of L/C’s for our suppliers and customers, requesting amendments and negotiating documents for collection of payment
- Hedging: Calculation of quantities and foreign currency amounts to be priced
- Contact to clients/field offices: Correspondence on availability of material in production, transit and in stock; documentation, invoicing, payments, client exposure control and claim management
- Contact to supervision companies and laboratories: Give full and detailed instructions to perform complete Assay, Umpire and Supervision services
- Insurance: Insuring risks for transportation and storage of material
- Internal tasks: Email exchange and direct contact with traders for the execution of the contracts. Issuing profit and loss calculations and controlling of client exposures. Dealing with accounting with regards to system bookings, account reconciliations, monthly closing tasks and file liquidation
The ideal candidate
- a team player with an independent and flexible work attitude
- efficient, possesses well-organized working skills and is ready to adapt to international practices.
- has strong analytical skills
- has good know-how in using IT applications (MS Office, Business Objects)
Qualifications and requirements:
- A sound educational background (commercial apprenticeship or bachelor)
- 3 – 5 years of working experience, ideally in commodity export/logistics
- Excellent English skills (spoken and written), further languages are advantageous
- Current SWISS B/C Permit or EU passport holder
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical, and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sports classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work; alternatively, we offer free parking space.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
- We have a competitive parental leave policy. Our childcare benefits also include emergency childcare services and financial assistance towards day-care costs.
- Employees’ Swiss Pension 2nd pillar is fully paid by Glencore.
Who we are
Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies and a major producer and marketer of more than 60 commodities that advance everyday life. Through a network of assets, customers and suppliers that spans the globe, we produce, process, recycle, source, market and distribute the commodities that support decarbonisation while meeting the energy needs of today. With around 140,000 employees and contractors and a strong footprint in over 35 countries in both established and emerging regions for natural resources, our marketing and industrial activities are supported by a global network of more than 40 offices.
Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source, and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we know it.
The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc, and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.