Senior Process Engineer Carbon Capture (CC) systems (100%)
Holcim at a glance
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
Holcim announced in September 2020 the Net Zero Pledge, i.e. meet the 1.5°C target in alignment with SBTi. CO2 Capture is an important leg of this journey. We must further develop various Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage (CCUS) technologies with the objective of having economically viable solutions at industrial scale by 2030. CCUS plays an important role with more than 50 projects being worked on currently and still increasing. Holcim is not focusing on a single technology and solution; the scope is broad with collaboration between local, regional and corporate level. To develop and manage CCUS projects and give best support to the countries in integrating new technologies & concepts in the cement manufacturing environment, technical activities need to be coordinated amongst various players.
As we continue to look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world-class talent to join our team. People who are passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
* Evaluating and/or developing promising CCUS concepts and appropriate CO2 capturing technologies in cement plants, together with the corporate CC function and country organizations.
* Participating in the full process design starting from early project stages supporting feasibility, pre-FEED, FEED and EPC to position CO2 capture technologies and solutions.
* Proposing, in the field of process engineering, safe, innovative, and optimized solutions allowing to reduce CAPEX/Opex costs (e.g., investment, electricity, environmental impact, CO2, other operating costs).
* Identifying and managing process interfaces with existing facilities i.e., pyro system and plant infrastructure (flue gas treatment, industrial waste water treatment, CO2 transportation etc.).
* Executing process engineering on projects: Issuing flow sheet definition, heat/mass balance, specific consumptions, sizing of all equipment, process narrative, emission predictions, functional analysis, permit requirements etc.
* Coaching and empowering project teams in the countries and regions in order to drive CCUS projects and studies
We are open to considering various locations within Europe for this position, please clearly indicate your place of residence and/or willingness to move to specific locations in your application.
* Bachelor or Master's degree, in chemical process engineering in the chemical or petrol chemical heavy industry.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in carbon capture projects.
* Technical leadership in CCUS concept developing, project scoping and project bid proposal evaluation.
* Manufacturing background e.g., industrial gas production industry, petrochemical industry or similar.
Knowledge & Skills
* Open to extend activity scope. Open minded for innovation and for change.
* Strong listening, communication, and negotiation skills,
* Ability to interact with different levels in the organization and with people abroad.
* Result oriented.
* Fluent in English oral and written
* Other languages is a plus
If you have any questions concerning this job position, please contact
Global HR Business Partner
Your working location
Holcim Technology Ltd
More about Holcim
For more information please visit our website.