Your Main Responsibilities:
- Collaboration in research projects focusing on material development for technical applications.
- Execution of experimental work, analysis of material samples, and assessment of physical and chemical properties.
- Responsible supervision of the measurement equipment and continuous expansion of methods and measurement competence within the group.
- Close collaboration with industry partners and internal research teams for the integration of sustainable plastic solutions into industrial processes.
- Focus on functional polymer and adhesive systems, surface and interfacial chemistry for high-tech applications.
- Student supervision during internships and support for project and diploma theses.
- Master's degree in Natural Sciences/Engineering/Technology.
- Knowledge in material development, particularly in the plastics sector, is a plus.
- Practical experience in conducting experimental work and knowledge of material analysis techniques.
- Experience in developing solutions, project management and experimental planning is desirable.
- Interdisciplinary thinking and working with a high level of initiative and independence.
- Goal-oriented, analytical approach to project work with organizational and teamwork skills.
What we Offer:
- A dedicated team engaged in interdisciplinary material development for various industrial applications. Modern research infrastructure for material development and analysis.
- Strong networking opportunities with national and international partners from industry and academia.
- Engagement in a challenging research environment with high individual responsibility within a motivated and cooperative team.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, we look forward to receiving your application by February 20, 2024, through our online tool (jobs-ost.ch). For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Jens Ulmer at T +41 58 257 34 11.