A meaningful role with a lot of exposure to various internal stakeholders (mainly accounting, controlling, tax, internal controls and financial reporting). Located in Zug, Switzerland.
In this role you will be reporting to the Accounting Manager Metal Packaging Europe. The jobholder will be responsible for a variety of general accounting tasks.
- National coordination of financial matters and oversight of all accounting matters performed in Switzerland
- Ensuring proper recognition and measurement of the business transactions in line with company accounting manuals (IFRS based) and for statutory
- Planning, coordinating and supervising the proper and timely preparation of the monthly financials for the incorporation in the consolidated financials of the Group
- Preparing and file the statutory accounts in Switzerland
- Preparing the corporate income tax return and the VAT reporting together with external advisors (Big4) and the central tax department
- Ensure the existence of a proper internal control system around the financial reporting (including SOX compliance and the segregation of duties)
- Continuous evaluation of financial reporting process in order to improve effectiveness and efficiencies, identifying and implementing harmonization and standardization with internal stakeholders
- Close cooperation with the controlling function and regional central services (Human Resources, Accounting, Treasury, Tax and Legal) for all areas which impact financial statements
- Monitoring changes in statutory and tax regulations which would require change to financial reporting
- Acting as the first line of liaison for both external and internal auditors
- Close cooperation with Business Service Centre in order to be the guarantor of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Fixed Assets Accounting transactions
Required skills / qualifications:
- Master degree or equivalent of other degree in business economics / financial accounting
- Fluent English language skills (German is a plus)
- Professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA) is a plus
- Proficiency in IFRS accounting
- Proficiency in SAP and MS Excel
- Minimum 5 years experience in area of accounting (or similar area) in an international production environment
What we offer:
- You can expect a competitive compensation and benefit package including educational and health activities reimbursement, subsidized meals and more
- Additionally, you will be a part of exciting and growing business, work in multinational team as well as have an opportunity to grow in various financial projects and change management initiatives
About Ardagh Group
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 20,000 people with revenues of almost $10 billion. Today we have a presence across Europe, Africa and the Americas.
- Did you know that Ardagh produce many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favourite beverages from?
- Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
- Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per day?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and have a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact whilst remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated.
Here at Ardagh, we offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for talented and creative people. If you have ambition and want to make an impact with your career, come and join our team, you’ll enjoy the journey!
Please be aware – Only applications through our company own careers page will be considered, please apply through following link: APPLY HERE
(1. step: create user account & upload application documents; 2. step: apply to position)