We are looking for a motivated Logistics Team Member to join our Coal team at our headquarters in Baar. This position offers you the opportunity to develop into a frontline operations role within the commodity business, looking after the coordination and smooth running with the global Glencore team and external parties involved.
The main tasks and responsibilities include
- Logistics: Managing the transport of coal globally, this includes working with service providers along the global logistics chain (including ports, sea freight operators and warehouses)
- Contracts: Working with our legal team to issue purchase and sale contracts
- Payments and Letters of Credit (L/Cs): Handling payments via telegraphic transfer or L/Cs
- Customers: Daily contact with our global customers to ensure the smooth execution of purchase and sale contracts
- Independent surveyors: Working with independent surveyors to ensure quality control
- Traders and our global regional offices: Working with our traders and our global regional offices to ensure the execution of sale and purchase contracts
- The role is 100% office based
The ideal candidate
- thrives in a team environment
- is efficient and well-organized
- is proficient in MS office applications
- is performance driven
Qualifications and requirements
- a sound educational background (commercial apprenticeship or bachelor degree)
- excellent English skills (spoken and written)
- a Swiss work permit or CH / EU passport
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical, and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work; alternatively, we offer free parking space.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
- We have a competitive parental leave policy. Our childcare benefits also include emergency childcare services and financial assistance towards daycare costs.
- Employees’ Swiss Pension 2nd pillar is fully paid by Glencore.
Who we are
Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies and a major producer and marketer of more than 60 commodities that advance everyday life. Through a network of assets, customers and suppliers that spans the globe, we produce, process, recycle, source, market and distribute the commodities that support decarbonisation while meeting the energy needs of today. With around 140,000 employees and contractors and a strong footprint in over 35 countries in both established and emerging regions for natural resources, our marketing and industrial activities are supported by a global network of more than 40 offices.
Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source, and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we know it.
The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc, and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.