For motivated candidates we offer the chance to belong to one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of commodities and to be part of a specialized, international, and dynamic team within the Ferroalloys / Nickel Department.
The main tasks and responsibilities include
- Daily handling of metal and FX hedges, including collection of physical pricings and preparation of daily hedge instructions; booking contractual pricings and futures trades into the system and maintaining/controlling London Metal Exchange (LME) positions
- Controlling of Price Risk Management accounts for other group companies by co-ordinating hedge orders, positions, and settlements with traffic people at headquarters in Baar and in various field offices on a daily basis
- Reconciliation of the LME positions on a daily and monthly basis with the brokers and issuing daily clearing instructions
- Agreeing and settling Broker Difference Accounts on a daily basis
- Preparing monthly accounts for bookkeeping, covering the review and check of the closing period, issuing Difference Accounts for hedged contracts, and agreeing profit and loss account with LME trader
- Summarising and distributing various LME statistics, such as price, forward curves and stock information on a daily basis
- General administration and file maintenance work
The ideal candidate is
- Driven and flexible working style
- Can-do attitude with a strong ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment
- A good team player, eager to learn and able to work under pressure
- Disposes of efficient and well-organized working skills as well as a good knowledge of using MS Office tools
- Numerical focused and strong analytical skills
Qualifications and requirements
- Solid educational background and a few years of work experience in an international as well as multicultural environment
- Strong IT skills / advanced knowledge of Excel. VBA skills is an advantage.
- Fluent in English (corporate language), any additional language is a benefit, but not essential
- Holding a Swiss work permit or passport holder of CH / EU
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical, and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work; alternatively, we offer free parking space.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
- We have a competitive parental leave policy. Our childcare benefits also include emergency childcare services and financial assistance towards daycare costs.
- Employees’ Swiss Pension 2nd pillar is fully paid by Glencore.
Who we are
Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies and a major producer and marketer of more than 60 commodities that advance everyday life. Through a network of assets, customers and suppliers that spans the globe, we produce, process, recycle, source, market and distribute the commodities that support decarbonisation while meeting the energy needs of today. With around 140,000 employees and contractors and a strong footprint in over 35 countries in both established and emerging regions for natural resources, our marketing and industrial activities are supported by a global network of more than 40 offices.
Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source, and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we know it.
The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc, and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.