Do you want to combine the opportunities that a global company provides with the benefits of a family-owned business? Headquartered in Lachen near Zurich, Switzerland, the Octapharma Group is a leading company in the worldwide market for therapeutic human proteins. Working at Octapharma means to have an opportunity to contribute to our common goal – developing lifesaving therapies to improve patients’ lives.
What will you be doing as Data Scientist/Engineer in IT?
Advanced analytics allows businesses to make decisions based on data-driven insights. This leads to more informed and strategic decision-making across various business functions. In this role you will have an opportunity to gain experience and contribute in all phases from integrating data sources (engineering), develop models (analytics) and work with business partners to generate insights (value creation)
- Work with different parts of the Octapharma business to explore opportunities with data insights and advanced analytics.
- Assist in the developing business cases.
- Support the build and maintenance of cloud-based data solutions (Azure data Lakes, SQL Databases)
- Design and optimize database structures, ensuring performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Work on integrating data from multiple sources.
- Develop and implement data models to support analytics and reporting requirements.
- Data Exploration and Cleaning. Assist in collecting, cleaning, and organizing raw data from various sources. Learn and apply techniques to identify and handle missing or inconsistent data.
Who are you?
- Educational Background: Recent university graduate
- Maximum 3 years of working experience
- Professional personality and flexible team player
- Willing and curious to potentially further develop in a people leader or business professional role
- Willing to move internationally for work assignments within the Group
- Fluency in English, additional languages a plus
The Information Technology Department
We are a trusted partner to the business. We create and deliver digital solutions for Octapharma. We operate in an international environment providing services to more than 12000 users globally. The IT organization employees approx. 240 people.
What's the best thing about working with us?
- You help save lives – Every day is meaningful as we produce life-saving medicines
- Family values – Long-term perspective for employees and relationships
- Be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package
- You will have a high level of influence where you can make a difference and leave your footprint
- Work with skilled and fun colleagues in a relatively informal organization
- Skills development – We offer various internal and external employee and leadership trainings, trainee programs and digital solutions
If you have questions about the position, contact Ms. Claudia Vignau, Recruiter; +41 55 451 21 35
It's an exciting time to join Octapharma IT, the dynamic nature of the industry, continuous technological advancements and the pivotal role of IT is contributing to a rapidly evolving and rewarding work environment."
Martin Metzger – Group Director IT Business Applications
If you proceed in the process
- We will endeavor to review your profile as quickly as possible and provide you with feedback
- The next step is to conduct a phone interview, which takes about 30 minutes.
- Opportunity to participate in an assessment center